Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Fall Garden Photos



I took a walk through the garden this morning, to see how the plants and fruit trees are doing. The amaranth has gotten so tall! I just love it. It has such a pretty dark reddish color and vibrancy. I love the taller flowers. This is actually a grain, but I use it as an ornamental. It can tolerate the triple digits,  and it actually thrives in our desert heat.


The blood orange tree has numerous clusters of green oranges on it. These will become beautiful, reddish orange fruits in the winter. There is a lovely marbled crimson shade to the flesh. My friend Karena gave me this tree many years ago, as an Easter gift. It just keeps giving and giving. I absolutely love it.  


These four o'clocks were grown from seed. My neighbor gave me an envelope of seeds for them almost twenty years ago. Each year the flowers reseed and bloom. I love the brightness of the colors. They attract hummingbirds, which are one of my favorite pollinators.  They are drawn to the tubular shaped flowers and blossoms.

The meyer lemon tree has lots of lemons this year. They are kind of hard to see in this photo, but if you look closely, there are several of them growing at the bottom of the tree. They are so delicious! I am looking forward to using them in my cooking and baking. They make a divine sorbet, too. The rind is very fragrant and zesty.


The navel oranges are my very favorites. They are so sweet and flavorful. I love them as an eating orange. I'm pleased with the size of the fruit this year. It takes many years for citrus trees to grow and mature. This is the first time I have had oranges that were so large. I can't wait to taste them! How is your garden doing? 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar