Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A look in at lockdown


How lucky we are every morning  to wake up to this beautiful view.  To gauge the weather, to watch the birds fly by and to see the horses and sheep in the fields in the distance. 


Then I tune into the sounds, bird song, the rustle of the trees, a ticking clock, the low sound of voices from the telly in the next room, sometimes the rain on the velux window in the bathroom.  All a gentle comfort.

But today there’s one other sound that’s appeared.   Its  the rumble of traffic on the main road below us.  Not something I’ve heard for many weeks.  The volume of cars out there must be increasing as people return to work.  

Bit of a mixed blessing really, it means that we are losing the peace of the enforced lockdown and soon we will return to the madness of what was life before all this.


Awh well !   On the agenda today.  A cuppa and a read of my book before I get up. Then shower, porridge & berries for breakfast and another cup of tea before hitting the office to sort out emails, post and company admin.  


Off to the post office later and to market for fruit, veg, cheese and ham.  Hope the weather is dry when we get back so we can put out our “Behind the garden gate” display and the treats for the kiddies and dogs.


Ive been going in my studio this last couple of afternoons messing about with  fabric scraps, machine stitching them together and attaching them to twigs.  I find stitching the little pieces gives me something to focus on. I’m going to end up with a wall full of textile hangings when I’ve finished.





It’s a quick walk round the block now before settling in for an evening with Monty Don on telly, a catch up on today’s Covid19 news and whatever else there is to offer.  

We’ve had Alexa playing 50’s music this afternoon and been acting the goat making daft a video again which I’ve posted on my Instagram account.

I’m taking inspiration from a couple of friends of mine who are doing a lockdown diary over on their blogs.  Normally I write my thoughts in a journal but I may give blogging a try as well.  It’s more visual.  We are all part of what will be a big piece of history and each person will have a different tale to tell in how they deal with it. So to me it’s important to get it on paper or screen.  Even if it’s only a word or line a day.

Links to my friends fabulous blogs 




Have a good weekend 
And stay safe and alert






Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar