I am not about to shell out for something I don't need, however tempting it might be, after all I do spend hours bashing away on the ketboard, surely I am entitled. Well no actually, I am not. I have already got a perfectly useable chair, although after ten years it is getting a bit tatty.
When I aquired my chair it had already had a previous owner, it was given to me when a new replacement arrived. My then boyfriend could well afford something like the posh chair above. He was about to chuck out his old chair when he asked me if I wanted it. Of course, thank you very much.
It came with a broken back. My hunky fella had leaned a little too far backwards, and with a crack the backrest wobbled and went all floppy.
Oh dear, not the best of typing positions to be in. I might be laid back but not that laid back.
I have managed with it by using a plastic coated washing line, tied to the arm rest on one side, taken across the back several times, and tied off on the other side. This has supported my back for the last ten years. I had to redo it once as it had stretched.So, something better is needed. I have a spare ratchet and a short piece of belt, the bit left over from the dog collar I made. So, with the same principal of going from one side to the other, it makes a much better job of it, and easier to attach.
The next job of my refurbishment was to fill a hole with some foam and sew a patch on to cover it. My dear cat Lily is constantly reaching up with his front paws to sit on my knee, which is where he is now. I must say he is lovely and warm. As you can guess, his sharp claws have pulled holes in the corner of the seat cushion, but now it is mended.
The next job of my refurbishment was to fill a hole with some foam and sew a patch on to cover it. My dear cat Lily is constantly reaching up with his front paws to sit on my knee, which is where he is now. I must say he is lovely and warm. As you can guess, his sharp claws have pulled holes in the corner of the seat cushion, but now it is mended. I must say, it feels quite comfortable, even though it has gone through the wars a bit. There's quite a lot of wear left in it yet, I simply cannot justify replacing it. Not bad at all for saying it was given to me free in the first place.



0 Yorumlar