Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The War of Spanish Succession... Charles Churchill's Regiment of foot (The Buffs)

Another unit from the miniatures that I bought off my friend Adrian...


Charles Churchill's Regiment of Foot...(The Buff's).


The origins of the regiment lay in Thomas Morgan's Company of Foot, The London Trained Bands, which was in existence from 1572 to 1648.


During The War of Spanish Succession they were in action at...


The Battle of Blenheim... 1704.
The Battle of Ramillies... 1706.
The Battle of Oudenarde... 1708.


As with the Foot Guards the only work done on these was...


Tidy up a few chips...
Varnish the leather goods...
Re flag..
And rebase...










Another very pleasing unit...


I made the standards myself using the Robert Hall plate (G103) from the Pike and Shot Society only to realise that I had ordered one from Maverick Models...
Which turned out to be almost identical... never mind ... the practice will do me good...


The Pike and Shot Society.
https://www.pikeandshotsociety.org/


The bases were, as always... Warbases.
https://warbases.co.uk/product-category/bases/premier-bases-metric/


The miniatures are... Front Rank.
https://www.frontrank.com/product-category/18th-century/spanish-succession/wss-british-infantry/




And last but not least Maverick Models...
http://www.maverick-models.com/flags.htm



All the best   Aly




Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar