Ok so I said I would be hammering on with my Prussian hussars . . .
. . .Well if you follow the blog regularly you'll know that there is always a chance I may just jump off into something else in the blink of an eye! I'm not sure if this post will be much interest to most as it's mainly for my friend John over in the US (Von Blucher)?
Anyway as the story goes, John sold me his AB guard chasseur a cheval a wee while back and very kindly sent over a selection of Battle Honours and AB Mamelukes so as I could add them to the formers ranks. We had some discussions and I made plans and I went about rebasing and adding to the Chasseurs. I have managed to complete 24 to a finish and have 4 more bases 90% done and I'll post them up when they are fully finished.
There is one problem with the BH Mamelukes, they are all in the same (at rest) pose and although beautiful they would look a bit odd alongside a charging regiment of guard chasseurs so conversions are needed! Saturday as luck would have it an osprey Mameluke book popped through the door and later on that evening John and I had a chat and also discussed the Mamelukes and Chasseurs and I decided it was about time I got stuck into them.
Inspired by illustrations in the book and also what I found on line I 1st converted an officer (kirmann I believe). He still has a good way to go but with a new right arm and head repositioned he's beginning to take shape.
Next up the chap carrying a tug, the top of the tug was attached to the arm of another smaller Mameluke (AB I believe). I tried to cheat and use the other figures are however the top broke of so I decided it was best to slice off the right arm of the above figure, drill the socket and make a new arm from wire for shape as I did with the officer. Still a wee bit of work to do on him and I'll try and find better images of the tug but I like how he's coming together.
So I'm keeping 1 original pose and the last figure will be (hopefully) a trumpeter! ambitious I know. I would liked to have done 2 bases of them however I only have 7 to work with and I don't know where to get another? I may look around for a basic charging AB figure and do a full conversion?
So that's them for the moment.
Also young David and I had a painting session on Sunday. He already had 3 Vistula uhlans pretty much done and had prepared 9 more. I concentrated on horses and he concentrated on 3 shading the troopers. Not bad for 5 hours work.
We plan to do it again soon to crack on with the other 12.
That's all for the moment
Happy wargaming
Awe ra best
Paul








0 Yorumlar