Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Patient cat, good dog & the hunt

Sierra loves the mailman.

She waits patiently every morning for him to arrive.

If I am outside she sometimes waits on the front porch and then she can give him a kiss.

Kane had a very good vet visit.
He tucked his head into my arm and let Dr. Ann do her magic. He has always been labelled a 'fear biter' because he was abused as a young dog. Getting him through his annual check-up has always been taxing to say the least. I have asked to have him muzzled but Dr. Ann prefers not to. It takes a special vet to know how to keep him calm. Dr. Ann has been his vet for 11 years. His weight has stayed the same for years because of 2 walks a day (good for us, too) . She tells us his eyes are slightly declining but not too bad. He has 2 lumps (fat deposits) on his abdomen but she is not worried about them. His overall health is very good and Dr. Ann said it had a lot to do with our feeding regime. Kane has never been fed commercial dog food as a main diet. He is fed 2x daily a home cooked meal. He is given a little crunchy for his teeth but only on occasion.  For anyone who may be interested, his main meals consist of a protein (chicken, beef, egg or fish) along with rice or potato mixed with an array of  cooked vegetables. He hates mushrooms and will leave them in his bowl. I give him treats of whole wheat bread with butter or a bit of cheese. He has a multi-vitamin added to his food and occasionally some oil for his coat. That's it. Oh, yes and, although this would only be on a rare occasion,  today he had some ice cream as an extra special treat for being a good boy.
"Good boy, Kane"

I am always on the hunt for the perfect china cabinet. I know what I like but can't seem to find it.


I like this one. It reminds me of my grandmother's summer kitchen.
Oh well, the fun is in the hunt.
hugs, Deb

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar