Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Knitting News


I finished another hat for the Christmas gift giving box and I'm ready to cast on one more with this pattern.  I'm knitting at the speed of light - well it feels like it when you knit the same pattern over and over.  I don't have pattern fatigue yet...so I'm going with it.

I looked at my 'what I would like to knit for Christmas present list' and it's mighty long and slightly crazy to execute.  However, I love to make lists even if they are out of my league.  Hats are the theme this year and maybe mitts.


I started my son-in-law's sweater over the weekend.  Even before the casting on, I came across a problem.  The chest size I want is in between two sizes.  Ugh.  So I opted to knit the larger size knowing (and hoping) that worsted wool on size 7 needles knitted my me is definitely not 5 stitches to the inch like they want.  Fingers crossed that my assumptions are correct.

And no....I did not swatch.  I know that on size 8 needles with this yarn I am 20 stitches per 4 inches.  Ahem.  So we are doing an experiment!  I'm totally cool with ripping out and starting over...


What have you been knitting or crafting?  Did you start holiday preparations yet?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar